Sunday 6 January 2008

Day #6

Title: Approaching Little Baddow Lock
Location: Chelmer & Blackwater Navigation
Camera: Canon EOS 30D / 17-85mm EF-S f/4-5.6 IS USM
Notes: It was a lovely sunny day, so I took a hike for 4.5miles from Paper Mill Lock, along the towpath (very muddy!) to Little Baddow Lock and back along the lanes past Little Baddow Hall. The winter light was great for pictures. The canal has plenty of boats tied up near Paper Mill Lock, but I liked the tranquil scene here with the reflected trees.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot Caz, it really was pretty muddy out at the weekend but the weather was good.

Caz Mockett said...

Thanks Paul

My boots came home at least 1Kg heavier than when I went out - and I haven't scraped the mud off yet! Was nice to get out while the sun shone though.

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling well, I think I brought back half of a field when I walked out to Little Baddow the other week! :-D