Wednesday 5 March 2008

Day #65

Title: Covert Surveillance
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Camera: Canon EOS 30D / 24-105mm EF f/4 L IS USM
Notes: Led astray by one of my 366 friends, I've recently been thinking about lenses. Whilst my 17-85mm EF-S is better than the naff 18-55mm kit lens that I first had with my 300D, I took a close look at some of the recent pictures I'd taken with it, and realised that it's not particularly sharp at 17mm, especially round the edges, and suffers from chromatic abberations at times. Having looked at Canon's offerings, I decided on the 24-105mm EF f/4 L IS USM as my next purchase, which is why I found myself in Chelmsford this morning with a new toy! This is more or less as taken, with no tweaking apart from levels and a bit of perspective correction. I was surprised by the distortion of the reflections in what are essentially flat pieces of glass. And then there's the woman looking down at you from the sky...

No comments: