Thursday 26 June 2008

Day #178

Title: It’s All Gone Pear-Shaped
Location: At home
Camera: Canon EOS 30D / 24-105mm EF f/4 L IS USM
Notes:
Had a major disaster with my web hosting which began late afternoon yesterday. It still isn’t resolved. The server which hosts all my websites (personal and for clients’ sites) decided to give up the ghost with no warning. The tech folks are having to rebuild it from scratch, and then I have the joy of reinstating nearly 20 sites of varying complexity as soon as it’s fixed. I thank the Gods of the Interwebs that I backed up everyone’s databases just yesterday morning, hours before the system fell over! As I said, the problem is ongoing, and has been occupying my thoughts for much of the day today. So I bought some pears from the shops, intending to photograph them as an illustration. But they looked pretty dreary, so with a bit of fiddling, a cutout filter and some tidying up, this is the end result. It did start off as a photo, honest!

No comments: