Monday 12 May 2008

Day #133

Title: On The Edge
Location: Ardleigh Reservoir
Camera: Canon EOS 300D / 24-105mm EF f/4 L IS USM
Notes: I took a trip over to Colchester this morning to book my EOS 30D in for a sensor clean. It's needed doing for a while, but I've been putting it off until the end of the rugby season, as it could be away for up to two weeks. But having looked closely at some of the shots I took on holiday, I couldn't really delay the inevitable any longer - I've spent ages "spotting" unsightly black blobs of varying severity out of some deep blue Sardinian skies, and enough was enough! Ardleigh Reservoir isn't far from the Canon repair place, but unfortunately there's no public access to most of it, only if you're an angler. I found this tenacious flower blooming on the lichen-ridden side of the reservoir bank, close by the road - where you can get a look at the water. Of course, I'd got the backup DSLR (my old 300D) on hand to take the picture - I'll be using it until the 30D is fit again.

No comments: