Friday 23 May 2008

Day #144

Title: Project 366 Breeds Success!
Location: Ingatestone
Camera: Canon EOS 30D / 24-105mm EF f/4 L IS USM
Notes: My Camera Club's season finished this evening with the annual Print Of the Year competition. During the regular season, we have six competitions and any print which has been placed 1st-4th in any of these previous competitions is eligible to enter Print Of The Year. All the prints are put out on display and the club members are asked to judge the pictures via a ballot - the one with the most points wins Mono Print, Colour Print or Slide Of The Year. Since I joined in 1992, I've won the Jack Oswell Memorial Trophy for Mono Print of the Year three times - 1994, 2006 and tonight! The print was a black and white version of Day #71, called "Boredom", and was previously placed 3rd in a set subject competition "Emotions". So if I hadn't been taking a photo a day for 366, I wouldn't have been in Thaxted to see the cat and get this picture!

No comments: