Friday 14 March 2008

Day #74

Title: A Fallen Star
Location: Birling Gap, East Sussex
Camera: Canon EOS 30D / 24-105mm EF f/4 L IS USM
Notes: I headed down to the south coast this morning for my weekend in Brighton, leaving Essex in bright sun. By the time I got to Dartford, the clouds had started rolling in and when I hit Uckfield, the rain began. It eased for a while and I visited the remains of Michelham Priory for a few pictures. Then on to Birling Gap - where it was very misty. The view of the Seven Sisters wasn't up to much, so I concentrated on things I found on the pebbly beach. This starfish was one of quite a few on the foreshore. An unusual number of dead starfish have been washing up recently, and no-one knows precisely why. I liked its bright orange colour against the very monochrome rocks on the beach.

No comments: