Friday 29 February 2008

Day #60

Title: Take Two
Location: At a friend's house
Camera: Canon EOS 30D / 50mm EF f/1.8 + 12mm extension tube
Notes: Today is Leap Day, so I wanted to take a picture which related to time. I spent a while this afternoon fiddling with a macro shot of the inner workings of my cheap Swatch. It came out well, I thought I'd use it for today's shot. But then I was visiting friends this evening, and they showed me this beautiful Half Hunter with a Golden Sovereign, which I couldn't resist photographing with my macro lens. It seemed a travesty to show you a twenty quid plastic timepiece instead of this wonderful old pocket watch. So I've excercised my perogative and changed my mind. Here's Day #60 Take Two.

1 comment:

John Flood said...

Designed so that fox hunters could see the time without having to open the watch. Simple and elegant.